By choosing the Online MBA at William & Mary, you are opting to pursue an essential element of revolutionary leadership: design thinking. Design thinking is a method of tackling problems that does not presume a solution. It replaces a linear mindset that prioritizes completion over innovation with an iterative approach aimed at constant refinement and open to unexpected discoveries.
Design thinking is introduced in the Online MBA program’s first course, Renaissance Manager, through a framework derived from the Renaissance ideal of Leonardo da Vinci. Adapted for the modern business world, this ideal informs the decisions of effective design thinkers by driving them to:
- Approach new challenges with voracious intellectual curiosity
- Bring deep expertise in an enabling field to their work
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge and interests to transcend limitations
- Think systematically and logically to focus on creative, well-reasoned solutions
When you embrace design thinking as it is taught throughout the Online MBA curriculum, you will build the mental agility to accept new information openly, collaborate generously and innovate perpetually in search of meaningful improvements rather than finite solutions. You will join the revolutionary leaders who have graduated from our Online MBA program in focusing diverse ideas into sound strategy and facing a changing business landscape with confidence and poise.
Give Your Online MBA an Analytics Focus
We recognize that many motivated professionals today wish to build a set of technical skills that fall outside of our standard Online MBA curriculum’s focus. For this reason, we’re excited to offer two options to accommodate our students’ demand for more robust programming and analytics courses.
As an Online MBA student, you may either:
- Register for BUAD 502B R Programming and/or BUAD 502C Python Programming from our Online MSBA curriculum to augment your Online MBA with knowledge of these languages
- Complement the Online MBA program with our Online Foundations in Business Analytics Certificate to add hands-on technical experience to your leadership toolkit over a five-course (12-credit) curriculum
Both of these options can be integrated seamlessly into your Online MBA program sequence, allowing you to build these additional skills without extending your time to degree. Contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Not interested in our Online MBA? View all of our program options.